At Danske Bank Group, we believe that responsible behaviour is a precondition for long-term value creation.
Danske Bank Group has therefore signed the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), an investor initiative coordinated by the UNEP Finance Initiative and the UN Global Compact.
The UN PRI addresses environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues and consists of six principles:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
By signing on to the UN PRI, Danske Bank Group commits itself to reporting on the implementation of the Principles in the annual Report on Progress. The Group will submit its first report in march 2011.
Last updated on February 7, 2011