We seek an enthusiastic, creative, frontend focused lead developer with a gift for architecture, who wants to make the financial world a better place.
Danske Bank is known as one of the frontrunners in digital innovation within the FinTech landscape. We have a culture where agile teams work as startups, backed by a strong organization.
The Digital Channels IT team has a clear mission: To build the best financial experience for our business and corporate customers. We help hundreds of thousands of professional users across the Nordics to work effectively with their finances. Our new platform, District (https://danskeci.com/ci/transaction-banking/solutions/district), gives customers a full overview of their company’s finances while connecting them seamlessly with relevant financial 3rd party solutions. This is just the beginning – as we are in a growth and innovation phase, our platform team needs a strong technical lead to shape the future of our solution.
We offer a challenging and central role, transforming business requirements into awe inspiring technical solutions. We are team players, skilled, highly agile and dedicated. We value diversity and inclusivity, collaborators over cowboys, creativity over closed-mindedness, and sustainable pace over fire-fighting.
Snapshot of our tech stack:
- Lead the frontend development of our new corporate customer channel delivering robust, performant and thoroughly tested code
- Provide hands-on technical expertise in areas of architecture, design, testing, implementation, and delivery. Identify standards based solutions that are appropriate to our environment
- Coach, guide and mentor other team members, encouraging a strong customer advocacy as well as a culture of excellence of engineering and DevOps
- Work with remote colleagues in a distributed team
- Leverage your agile problem solving capacity, think up solutions and proactively identify risks or bottlenecks
- Be influential and actively engaged in improving practices and methodology
We'd love to meet someone who:
- C# / .NET Core
- REST APIs
Why we think you'll love it here:
- Has curiosity and intelligence, combined with passion - things we value above all else
- Demonstrates extensive experience and expertise in the selection, evaluation, development, and delivery of frontend (UI) based software solutions including testing strategies, design & architecture, maintenance, and continuous integration and delivery
- Displays strategic thinking, can implement and deliver sustainable solutions while keeping an eye towards simplicity, reliability, scalability and performance
- Has experience in using established engineering and architectural design principles to drive and maintain agility in the codebase
- Communicates clearly, is approachable and helpful
- Is ideally equally comfortable working on frontend and backend tasks
- You’ll work alongside friendly, high-performing colleagues in a motivating and collaborative environment
- You will be supported in your professional development and growth and will be encouraged to participate in international conferences as well as in the open source community to improve your skillset
- We offer competitive compensation and great benefits
- Company contributions are made towards your pension and you get a minimum of six weeks annual vacation, on top of bank holidays
- You can choose if you want to work on a Mac or Windows laptop
- Flexible work hours
- Lunch every day in our on-site canteens
- Office snacks including fruit, and amazing coffee
- If you are coming from abroad, we will support your move through our relocation program. Our team is international and English is the primary language.
- Source control – Yes, Git and Bitbucket
- One-step build – Yes
- Daily builds – No, builds run on branch integration
- Bug database – Yes, Jira
- Bugs fixed before writing new code – No, bugs are prioritized based on severity
- Up-to-date schedule – Yes
- Specs – Yes
- Quiet working conditions – Yes, although we work in an open office landscape there’s access to quiet rooms and noise-cancelling headphones
- Best tools that money can buy – Yes, in most cases we are able to accommodate the developer’s wishes in terms of hardware and software
- Testers – Yes
- Code screening – Yes, online code tests for all relevant candidates
- Hallway usability testing – Yes
Please apply online by uploading your application and CV. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Development Manager Gustav Béen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send application and CV no later than 31.05.2019.
Danske Bank is a Nordic bank with strong local roots and bridges to the rest of the world. For more than 145 years, we have helped people and businesses in the Nordics realise their ambitions. Danske Bank has more than 19,000 employees in 16 countries around the world who serve our 3.4 million personal, business and institutional customers. In addition to banking services, we also offer life insurance and pension, mortgage credit, wealth management, real estate and leasing services.