|Are you an analytical thinker who is passionate about financial services and eager to make a difference? Do you have an interest for risk management and a desire to work with stimulating challenges in a learning environment? It is an exciting time to join Group Internal Audit(GIA). Risk management regulation is posed to continue experiencing sweeping changes and we are expanding our great team for tackling upcoming tasks within risk governance, risk models and data analytics.
Group Internal Audit at Danske Bank is a unit that provides independent assurance to the Board of Directors of Danske Bank Group. Our job is to formulate and communicate opinions about the effectiveness of governance and organizational arrangements, risk management principles, models, methodologies and reports as well as controls used in processes, data or systems in all areas of the Group.
In GIA, we are more than 100 employees with diverse nationalities, backgrounds and specialisations. You will become part of a team located in Høje Taastrup that performs audits for the entire Group.
Join a team responsible for the audit of Group Risk Management
You will join a team responsible for the audit of the Group’s risk management, in particular related to governance frameworks, mathematical models and data used by the Group for managing credit, counterparty, liquidity and market risks. In GIA you will:
- Participate in varied tasks focusing on audits of risk disciplines, internal models and capital management, as required by the Capital Requirements Regulation (IRB, credit risk mitigation, IMM, IMA etc.
- Apply your analytical skills to identify risks and challenge the design of the Group’s risk management models, documentation, procedures, validation principles etc.
- Work in close cooperation with colleagues to ensure we deliver high quality work where coaching and feedback is an integral part of the work process
- Maintain familiarity with the ongoing model development, production and risk reporting in the key risk management units in the Group and the decision making committees
- Follow up on regulatory developments such as the CRD5/CRR2, EBA guidelines to internal models etc.
- Engage in continuous professional development e.g. by making contributions to thematic conferences or organising seminars and training to the rest of the team in Group Internal Audit
- Prepare occasional input to meetings with financial supervisors in Denmark and the rest of Danske Bank’s core markets
We offer great opportunities within a top-tier financial institution
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn the operations of a top-tier financial institution from the perspective of an independent assurance provider
- An empowered environment where you can assume responsibility aligned to your ambitions and skills
- Continuous professional development in accordance with your needs and the standards of the audit profession
- A supportive and collegial working atmosphere
- Work conditions and benefits as per the collective agreement for the finance sector in Denmark
You will succeed in this role and possess the following strong competencies
- Master’s degree in economics (e.g. cand.polit, cand.oecon), business economics (cand.merc), with specialisation on mathematics, applied economics, finance, risk management, financial services, data science, or similar areas
- Relevant work experience and/or internship a banking institution are a strong advantage
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to present your conclusions with logical references to arguments and documentation findings in respectful, transparent and a convincing manner
- Proficient command of the English language
- Knowledge of Danish and/or other languages used in the Danske Bank Group markets is an advantage
- Prior professional audit experience is an advantage but not a requirement
- Familiarity with modelling/statistical software, data extraction, data analysis are strong advantages
- Familiarity with the supervisory process for banks is an advantage
How to apply?
- Send your CV and a motivational letter
- Focus on presenting your credentials with reference to how they will help in meeting the skills and delivering the tasks.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to call Ditte M. O. Schou at +45 24 90 82 51.
Applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis, and if we find the right candidate, we will reserve the right to stop the recruitment process.
Send application and CV no later than 09.08.2019.
Danske Bank is a Nordic bank with strong local roots and bridges to the rest of the world. For more than 145 years, we have helped people and businesses in the Nordics realise their ambitions. Danske Bank has more than 19,000 employees in 16 countries around the world who serve our 3.4 million personal, business and institutional customers. In addition to banking services, we also offer life insurance and pension, mortgage credit, wealth management, real estate and leasing services.