Do you want to take part in ensuring that Danske Bank becomes the most trusted financial partner and building the new Whistleblowing Operation team in Group Compliance? Are you an experienced professional with an investigative mind-set and high integrity?
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of building our new Whistleblowing Operation team in Group Compliance. The team is responsible for the handling of all incoming whistleblower reports across Danske Bank Group and you will play a key role in maintaining and enhancing the whistleblowing framework.
Your future responsibilities
As a Senior Compliance Officer in Whistleblowing Operation, you will screen incoming whistleblower reports, set up investigation teams and take part in the investigation You will become part of a growing international team of employees working in the Group Compliance function supporting the journey of creating an even stronger compliance culture across the Group. You will have a significant list of internal stakeholders across the Group and develop your skills and knowledge within several areas.
The position will be based in Høje Taastrup, just outside Copenhagen.
Your tasks will include:
- Participating in the handling of whistleblower reports including initial screening, investigation and stakeholder management;
- Further develop and strengthen the Group’s whistleblowing setup and framework incl. system support, governing documents and be a sparring partner for other part of the organisation working with this;
- Mapping of international legal requirement and supporting subject matters expert;
- Providing proactive advice and challenging current approaches;
- Supporting and advising senior management in Group Compliance and other parts of the organisation;
- Advice on embedding the governing documents in the Group and create awareness;
- Maintaining collaborative relationships with relevant stakeholders in the functions such as legal, first line risk, second line risk, internal audit etc.;
- Assisting in building up our talented team.
As our new Senior Compliance Officer, we expect that you have strong investigation skills and thorough understanding of the financial industry. Experience within compliance and/or financial crime is an advantage. Furthermore, you match the following criteria:
- Strong integrity and work ethic;
- Emphatic mind set and an excellent judge of character;
- Capable of sensing a need for urgency and escalation;
- Ability to work independently with complex issues;
- Structured approach, excellent investigative skills and a sense for details;
- Strong communication skills, including an advanced command of English;
- Self-starter with a willingness to take the initiative on identifying and solving issues; and
- Trustworthy, approachable
We are looking for a candidate who has a track record working with investigation of highly sensitive issues respecting confidentiality. Your background could be from banking, the police or other authorities, insurance investigation or similar. Experience from the financial industry is a plus, but not a requirement.
On a more personal level, you are emphatic, have a likeable and friendly personality making it easy for you to talk to people and make them trust you.
What can we offer you?
We have embarked on a journey to build an even more collaborative, innovative and engaging compliance culture. A culture, where we empower all employees to take ownership of how we speak up and share our concerns. You will take up a challenging, developing and dynamic role in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
If you have any questions please call Gert Blom Engelsholm, Head of Whistleblowing Operation, on +45 29 65 95 91 or email@example.com.
Please be aware that interviews will be held prior to the deadline if the right candidate applies so please send your application sooner rather than later.
Send application and CV no later than 11.08.2019.