About Group Information Security & Danske Bank
Danske Bank Group Information Security (GIS), headed by the office of the CISO, is a part of an organization that delivers excellent security and risk solutions to Danske Bank and its customers. Under GIS, the ITBRC team drives Risk Controls Assurance for the business, leveraging leading security control capabilities to mitigate risk and thereby drive trust in Danske Bank as tomorrow’s digital bank for the Nordic market. GIS teams work with complex technical challenges and develop Danske Bank’s global competitive edge on innovative risk mitigating solutions.
About the Job
The ITBRC team is part of the Group Information Security department with colleagues located in Denmark, Lithuania and India. As a Governance Associate, you will support challenging tasks in information governance (IG) and the Business Information Security Officers in divisions, governance over third parties, governance support for regulatory inspections and awareness of Risk Governance throughout the bank. Your work will be exciting and challenging because the Information Governance Team has been recently restructured to proactively respond to governance challenges.
We are looking for an Information Governance Associate, who will support the Information Governance Team in risk governance throughout the bank.
You will support the management of governance issues. The role will work across multiple frameworks and regulatory standards including, but not limited to, NIST CSF, ISO, GDPR, SOX, etc. You will;
- Support the ITBRC Information Governance team
- Support IG audits
- Support tracking, reporting escalation of Governance issues
- Support training and awareness activities
- Provide policy support to our overall governance, risk and compliance program
- Escalate to leadership issues resulting from risk analysis and determining potential solutions that are appropriate for the business
- Support effective governance within Policies and IT Security Standards by reviewing the criticality of information and information security to the bank.
- Review guidelines for information security for alignment with the bank’s strategy and risk profile
- Review and draft recommendations to improve the development and implementation of the information security programme
- Draft regular reports for management on the information security programme’s adequacy and effectivenes
- Support the compliance to and governance of Danske Bank security assessments
- Assist with the drafting of policy guidance documentation in English and keep it updated
We expect you to have;
What We Offer
- A Bachelor degree in Management of Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Risk Management or Information Security or equivalent, with advanced degrees preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in GRC implementation, processes, and practices
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance through governance, risk evaluation and controls assessments, records management, data and document classification, collaboration technologies and information lifecycle practices
- Experience with Industry Standards in Information Governance
- Experience in delivering IG training
- Familiarity or prior experience with RSA Archer, ARIS, Collibra, Informatica Risk Controls Assurance tools, ServiceNow GRC, Solix,, IBM Unified GRC, Talend, Clearswift IG Server, OpenText Enterprise Content Management, or similar technologies
- Understanding of IT security principles
- Fluent verbal and written English. You will be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, have a good eye for detail and ability to manage a busy workload.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Information Governance, Risk or Security credentials such as IGP, CISSP, CSSLP, CIPPE, ITIL, CGRC (all preferred, but not required)
We offer an inspiring environment in a large IT organization with a competitive salary. Here you will find the perfect opportunity to join a growing Business Risk & Controls team and face the challenge and the opportunity to influence and shape the critical controls over bank activities.
Furthermore, you will be working in an international team, which concentrates on innovative business facing solutions.
You will find yourself working in a highly skilled team, where you will get supportive and targeted training to ensure that your skills are maintained and updated on an ongoing basis, giving you even stronger career opportunities.
The primary working location is Denmark, Lithuania or India, but with possible relocation options.
If you are interested, please upload your application and CV as soon as possible. We will be screeing and conducting interviews on an ongoing basis.
Should you have any questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Con Jan Quach via
We look forward to hear from you.
Send application and CV no later than 01.12.2019.
Danske Bank is a Nordic bank with strong local roots and bridges to the rest of the world. For more than 145 years, we have helped people and businesses in the Nordics realise their ambitions. Danske Bank has more than 21,000 employees in 13 countries around the world who serve our 3.4 million personal, business and institutional customers. In addition to banking services, we also offer life insurance and pension, mortgage credit, wealth management, real estate and leasing services.