Would you like to work in a diverse environment where you get involved with nearly everything in the financial sector? Can you be our legal expert and support our business with many different customers worldwide?
Danske Bank International S.A. serves high net worth clients who have chosen to live outside the Nordic countries. We are specialised in International Private Banking and provide advisory services on investments and asset management. And we help customers throughout their foreign residency process – both when they decide to move abroad, and when they return home again. Therefore, diversity and understanding of other cultures is important.
We have an opening for a Lawyer where you will be a member of the Legal Department. We are currently 3 members in the team with a very diverse educational and cultural background.
Provide legal advice and be an expert on banking
You will be reporting directly to the Head of Legal Department and occasionally cooperate with other lawyers in the Danske Bank Group.
As our new lawyer, you will be analysing relevant legislation and the legal implications of potential business decisions and initiatives. You will provide expert advice on banking and investment products as well as associated services, incl. cross-border activities. Other task could be:
- proactively identify and address legal, corporate governance and regulatory issues and provide in-house guidance
- contribute to discussions on new business activities providing expertise and advice ensuring that regulatory requirements can be met
- collecting and presenting accurate concise advice on regulatory developments and issues affecting the Bank’s business
- provide regular training to employees on relevant laws and regulatory requirements
- evaluate litigation risks and exposures.
”Danske Bank International is a subsidiary, so we are responsible for all legal matters in the bank. It is therefore important that we know a little about everything. Each one of us can be an expert on a specific area, but as generalists we must also know something about everything,” tells Ole who has been with the bank for 13 years.
Lawyer with knowledge from Luxemburg
It is important that you have experience from a similar position in Luxembourg because you need to know the local legislation and market customs. We would also like to see that you:
- hold a Master degree in law
- have an all-round practical understanding of private banking as well as regulatory requirements in general for the financial sector
- are fluent in both written and spoken English. Knowledge of Nordic languages will be an advantage.
As a person, you are analytical and solution minded and able to make an impact. Since you will be working with many different stakeholders, it is also important that you are a team player with good communications skills and are able to “sell” in-house legal advice to the business at all levels.
And what do we offer for the perfect candidate? We offer:
- work-life balance
- fun at work
- Nordic style value-driven working environment
- learning opportunities.
If you have any questions about the position, do not hesitate to contact Ole Stenersen, Head of Legal Department at +352 621 153 703.
Please send your application together with detailed Curriculum Vitae sooner rather than later.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Send application and CV no later than 30.08.2020.