Are you a professional with high integrity and energy, eager to learn and ready to be an active part in making compliance a visible and integrated part of the business and customer journey? Maybe this position is your next career step!
By joining Danske Bank Group Compliance, you will become part of a growing international team of currently around 200 employees working to ensure integrity across the Bank’s participation in financial markets and in society.
You will join a newly established team, Group Functions Compliance (GFC), performing core compliance activities in the areas of Finance, Operations & IT, Human Resources, Board Secretariat, Group Legal, Investor Relations and Risk.
Role and responsibilities
As a Compliance Officer in GFC, you will have the opportunity to help shape the way GFC works with the areas of market abuse, data protection and treating customers fairly (incl. conflicts of interest and investor & consumer protection) by:
- Identifying compliance requirements and risks;
- Performing risk assessments;
- Designing and executing monitoring programmes;
- Reporting to senior management; and
- Training and advising stakeholders within group functions.
The breadth of the areas that are in scope provides a great opportunity to learn about a wide range of key functions performed within Danske Bank and engage in a variety of compliance activities.
In addition, you will:
- Support with risk mitigating activities and projects, such as managing the group’s insider list, designing tools to streamline existing processes and attending applicable industry associations; and
- Ensure communication and management – both with our key stakeholders across group functions and internally within Group Compliance.
Your main working relationships will include colleagues in the Compliance organisation, Group Functions, Internal Audit, Legal, and other relevant stakeholders within and outside Danske Bank Group.
You will report to the Managing Compliance Officer for GFC.
You should have an understanding of finance, the current regulatory environment and the core compliance activities listed above to enable you to effectively perform the role.
You will have an academic background in a field related to financial compliance and possess the following competencies:
- Knowledge of compliance, internal controls, risk and legal issues;
- Understanding of the financial regulatory risk environment;
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders;
- Structured approach to problem solving / presenting solutions;
- Confident communicator; and
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken).
You will become a part of a journey to build an even more collaborative, innovative and engaging culture. A culture where we empower all in Group Compliance to take ownership of how we work and how we develop. Our leaders are responsible for inspiring their employees to succeed and grow personally and professionally. If you can see yourself thriving in a fun, dynamic, diverse, business-aware and outcome-centric Compliance department, now is the time to join!
For additional information about the position please contact Joe Alaimo, Managing Compliance Officer for Group Functions Compliance, at ALAI@danskebank.dk.
Send application and CV no later than 18.01.2019.