Do you have experience from the field of operational risk, internal audit or business development in the financial sector? Do you have a passion for driving change and facilitating continuous improvement? If so, we are looking for an energetic and pro-active Operational Risk Manager to join the Operational Risk Management team in our Corporate & Institutions (C&I) business in Copenhagen.
Who are we?
C&I Operational Risk is a team within C&I Risk Management. Together with the Business, we are the ‘first line of defence’ with a mandate to protect the bank and its customers. C&I Risk Management serves as an advisor to the Business on risk-related issues, by assisting in identifying, evaluating, and mitigating risks. In addition to pro-active risk management, we also serve an important role in assisting the Business with the follow-up on operational risk events. C&I Risk Management works closely with the first line business, support functions, and the second and third lines of defence, to achieve the Group’s ambition for sound risk management.
What do we offer?
You will be part of a global team of 15 Operational Risk Managers working together across countries giving you the opportunity to collaborate with skilled colleagues with diverse expertise within risk management. The role is based in Copenhagen, where the Operational Risk Managers are an international team of 7.
The global team and your manager will support you in your learning and development, and will encourage your suggestion to improve processes and drive change. Apart from gaining skills and knowledge through the daily work, Danske Bank offers a wide range of professional training activities ranging from bank-specific knowledge and technical training to project management. An important part of your job is stakeholder management and you will gain a large network across the Danske Bank Group.
As an Operational Risk Manager, you will engage in various operational risk tasks in close co-operation with your team and the Business in order to identify and evaluate operational risks. This includes:
- engaging with the Business on risk assessments of new projects, products, and processes
- acting as a sparring partner for day-to-day risk questions
- assisting the Business in registering and mitigating operational risk events
- preparing risk reporting for senior management
- participating in risk related projects
- collaborating with stakeholders across the Group
Skillset / Qualifications
As our new colleague, you probably match the following criteria:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a business or technical field (e.g. finance, economics, maths or similar)
- Ideally possess at least 2-4 years of experience as an operational risk manager in the financial sector or alternatively have experience from business development, internal audit or project management
- A high-energy and positive colleague, who enjoys working in cross-cultural teams as well as on self-directed individual tasks
- A sense of curiosity and a desire to get to the root of the problem; a structured and analytical mind-set; the ability to suggest solutions and are successful at executing tasks and seeing projects through to completion
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Familiarity with VBA / Excel macros / Microsoft Access / Databases
- If you have knowledge about areas within investment banking, it is a plus
If you have any questions, please contact Head of Operational Risk, C&I, Jane Clements (JANCL@danskebank.dk / +45 29279530).
Note that we are reviewing applications on a continuous basis, and please send application, CV and exam certificates through our online system. Interviews will be held in March, and our new Operational Risk Manager is expected to join the team in the spring of 2019.
Send ansøgning og CV online senest den 01-03-2019.