Do you want to drive digital transformation as an Enterprise Architect in a major Nordic bank?
You will become part of an IT area of high priority in the bank, with the vision of truly changing the way the bank functions. We are seeking a number of Enterprise Architects who can help lead the modernisation the IT architecture of Danske Bank.
- Application Portfolio Management (APM) work, deeply understanding the Danske Bank IT landscape and bringing an outside-in perspective to design enterprise IT target state
- Domain application modernization, building the cases and plans for change and stewarding their execution
Making this happen will be a long journey, and to get started the first waves will be an integrated part of the IT Industrialization stream in the Better Ways of Working programme, currently running across the whole bank.
Better Ways of Working
The Better Ways of Working programme is part of a broader programme that will help Danske Bank transform the way it operates and is divided into 3 streams:
- Customer Journeys acceleration
- Ways of Working redesign
- IT Industrialisation
The IT Industrialisation track will focus on two main themes : modernising Danske Bank’s architecture and optimising the tools and processes we use to build and maintain our systems. Architecture Modernisation will involve creating an enterprise IT target state and plans for change as well as building the right APIs and decoupling dependencies. The modernisation of our tools and processes will run in conjunction with the architecture modernisation to enable and ensure that we, in collaboration with the other two streams, can build a Better Bank.
You will be joining the IT Strategy an Enterprise Architecture team in Group IT. Our goal is to drive the initiatives needed to optimise both our enterprise architecture and development organization, and enable the needed IT change over the coming years.
You will help driving the APM-work and defining the target architecture initiatives, by collaborating closely with your colleagues in the team and across the bank, having the following key responsibilities:
Drive knowledge and set standards
- Build and continuously expand expertise as an Enterprise Architect subject matter expert
- Help define and update enterprise architecture strategy and approach, by providing vision/concepts for new technologies, together with functional architects
- Align on architectural demands and match of service portfolio with IT development teams and Product Owners, to support business strategy and requirements
- Lead day-to-day work for designing an As-Is overview of application portfolio and managing it, with input from local Solution/Enterprise Architects from different IT areas
- Lead the development of a domain modernization strategy and implementation plan, by identifying a long-list of domain areas with potential for modernization and building the To-Be architecture case around them
Support teams and manage standards
- Support and coach Solution/Enterprise Architects on a day-to-day basis, to define requirements in their area, design new target architecture and implementation process requirements
- Consult with key stakeholders, e.g. infrastructure and product teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture and change requirements
- Serve as the point of contact for questions regarding Enterprise architecture design choices and adoption
- Develop patterns and new solutions for common problems within IT Areas (E.g. how to successfully manage application portfolio, while accounting for dependencies or constraints with other IT areas)
- Update and manage standards for key enterprise architecture patterns
- Ensure and oversee the documentation of both application portfolio management and design of target architecture work
- Communicate the value of the enterprise architecture changes to the both business and IT stakeholders in Danske Bank
Who are you?
Ideally, you have the following skills and experiences:
Skills and competencies
- Mastering the Enterprise Architecture toolbox, practices and methods (Togaf, Zachman, Archimate, BPMN etc.)
- Mastering target architecture development and design
- Mastering application portfolio management methods and tools
- Understanding of domain, event and API driven design
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks
- Knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and risk management
- Solid communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical peers and senior management
- Ability to inspire and motivate large groups of people
- Team player, able to work in various team setups
Experience and qualifications
- 10+ years of working with IT architectures within applications, systems, integrations, infrastructures or a combinations of these
- 5+ years of experience working with enterprise architecture
- Experience from a major transformation journey such as a core system transformation, simplification programme, application optimization programme etc.
- Experience from the financial sector or a company where IT is the heart of the company – potentially with a consulting background from a major consultancy
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Agile frameworks
- Master’s degree in Computer science or a related field
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
Please reach out to the Head of IT Strategy and Enterprise Architecture, Frank Kruse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send application and CV no later than 30.04.2020.
Danske Bank is a Nordic bank with strong local roots and bridges to the rest of the world. For more than 145 years, we have helped people and businesses in the Nordics realise their ambitions. Danske Bank has more than 21,000 employees in 13 countries around the world who serve our 3.4 million personal, business and institutional customers. In addition to banking services, we also offer life insurance and pension, mortgage credit, wealth management, real estate and leasing services.