Do you have a special interest in legal and regulatory matters related to investment funds? Would you like to be part of an inspiring and ambitious organisation and support our growing fund business in Luxembourg?
Our Danske Invest unit in Luxembourg has an opening for a senior legal counsel who can advise our business on legal and regulatory matters with a focus on investment funds (incl. UCITS and alternative investment funds such as SIFs) and management company activities in Luxembourg, and asset management in general.
You will be part of the Fund and Asset Management team within Wealth Management Legal, which is the one-point-of-entry for all legal wealth solutions in the Danske Bank Group, with approximately 20 legal counsels in Denmark and 2 in Luxembourg. Due to the cross-border collaboration, some travelling must be expected.
Senior Legal Counsel with special focus on investment funds
As our new senior legal counsel, you will play an active role in Wealth Management’s product development process by supporting the development of our fund range (establish new funds and restructure, merge or close existing funds) and providing legal advice, drafting legal documents and agreements and support applications to the financial authorities. You will also support Danske Invest’s management company activities in Luxembourg on day-to-day matters. Furthermore, you will assess new laws and regulations, identify potential impacts and opportunities, support our strategic initiatives and projects together with specialists in other departments, and interact with the CSSF and external law firms. In addition, you will participate and support other cross-country projects in Danske Bank and Danske Bank Wealth Management.
- You bring to the position a master's degree in law combined with minimum of 5 years’ of relevant experience, ideally from an international law firm, a bank or a management company.
- You have a solid knowledge of Luxembourg investment funds and related regulatory requirements (including UCITS and AIFMD).
- People perceive you as a proactive and value creating business partner with an analytical mind-set, attention to detail and strong problem solving skills.
- You are a driven person, who takes own initiatives and are able to work autonomously.
- You are open-minded, flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing organization and priorities.
- You are a strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- You are able to build good relationships and collaborate well with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You have a sense of humour.
- Fluency in English is required – French and Nordic language skills would be an asset.
If you have any questions about the position, do not hesitate to contact John Ohlsson, Head of Danske Invest Management A/S, Luxembourg Branch, at +352 46 12 75 437 or Anders Eske Bruun, Head of Fund & Asset Management Legal, at +45 45 13 74 22.
Send application and CV no later than 31.01.2020.