In Danske Bank, we are committed to be on the forefront of digital development in a pursuit to create the bank of the future – we aspire to be the Nordic Integrator and recognised as the most trusted financial partner.
You will become part of the development area Digital Customer Experience (DCX) where we are responsible for some of the most important online solutions we have in Danske Bank (among others our new mobile- and web bank). Our ambition in DCX is to attract, motivate, develop and retain highly skilled engineers. Your role will be to work as a senior software engineer in a full stack team responsible for designing, building, and deploying high quality mobile/web features.
DCX is part of Group IT, which is a large and global IT organisation with more than 3000 employees spread out on locations in Bangalore, Vilnius, Copenhagen and Aarhus. Development opportunities within both DCX and the group as a whole are excellent.
Your role will be to design, build, deploy and maintain high quality mobile/web features together with a dedicated team. You understand how the end-to-end tech. stack works and you will work closely together with developers, architects, business analysts and product owners. Your key strength and primary area of interests are in outlining the technical architecture and in doing backend as well as frontend related development work (however we recognise that you might have your primary strength/interest on either front- or backend).
- Take lead and be a role model for other software engineers in your team.
- Key responsibility in outlining technical architecture for customer facing solutions being built in your squad.
- Contribute via own coding + pair programming sessions + review of pull-requests etc.
- Design and build for usability, performance, scale and maintainability.
- Not afraid to try out new technologies, and raise the bar for technical excellence in your team.
- Collaborate closely with architects, engineers, business analysts, product owners and UX/designers.
Your background and qualifications
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience from a similar role.
- A BSc or Master in Computer Science, (or equivalent).
- Former experience working in an agile team.
- Prior experiences with highly available production systems.
- Previous experience with large distributed systems.
- Experience with software patterns in distributed systems.
- Experience with cloud technologies.
- Superior knowledge and experience in .NET core (alternatively .NET or JAVA) programming (microservices) and automatic testing.
- Experience with container technologies (for instance Docker/Kubernetes).
- A strong grasp of automation tools.
- Previous experience with Message Broker solutions, as for instance RabbitMQ, Kafka, IBM MQ, etc.
- Previous experience with ServiceMesh technologies (for instance Istio, Consul etc).
- Previous experience with SQL- as well as NoSql databases.
- DevOps - for instance ELK stack, Consul, Prometheus, Grafana (application insight).
- Experience with world-class cloud computing and cloud storage infrastructures, (AWS, Rackspace, Azure, Openshift).
- Experience with continuous delivery / continuous integration engines: Thoughtworks' Go, Jenkins, Bamboo, TFS etc.
- Configuration of web servers: Apache/IIS, etc.Usage of multiple software build systems.
Furthermore, you need to be fluent in English (orally as well as in writing).
- An opportunity to work together with other highly skilled software engineers in a high focus area where we raise the bar and always challenge the as-is.
- An inspiring work environment where you are given opportunity to work in a cross organisational team following agile work principles.
- Work in an international environment, which concentrates on innovative business facing solutions.
- An extensive training program to ensure that your skills are maintained and updated on an ongoing basis.
- Access to a wide array of career opportunities inside the organisation.
Please upload your application and CV as soon as possible. Should you have any questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Joachim Melanchton Betinger, Development Manager via Email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +45 30 58 82 66.
Send application and CV no later than 30.09.2019.
Danske Bank is a Nordic bank with strong local roots and bridges to the rest of the world. For more than 145 years, we have helped people and businesses in the Nordics realise their ambitions. Danske Bank has more than 19,000 employees in 16 countries around the world who serve our 3.4 million personal, business and institutional customers. In addition to banking services, we also offer life insurance and pension, mortgage credit, wealth management, real estate and leasing services.