Are you looking for a great start to your career in a leading Nordic financial institution? Would you like to be part of a collaborative team, work in a supportive environment, and get a deeper and broader knowledge of the risk management area?
Group Non-Financial Risk (GNFR) has as a 2nd
line function the role to set the standards, support and oversee adoption, and provide supporting systems and tools for forward-looking and effective non-financial risk management. You will be part of the C&I and Wealth Management team of GNFR, a team of 6 passionate people working out of the office in Høje Taastrup and supporting our wholesale banking and asset management operation. We have the responsibility of strengthening, driving and steering our non-financial risk management practises. One of our most important success factors is to maintain a solid knowledge of how to handle risks in one of the largest financial institutions in the Nordics.
We collaborate across teams in GNFR to create consistency and holistic solutions to ensure and support our vision of being an integrated bank that delivers on our customer promise. Being a part of and collaborating within GNFR, and with the department’s 50 people, will be a vital part of this position. You will be joining a fast paced and agile environment with focus on succeeding by fostering collaboration, do things that adds value and act with integrity.
We offer the opportunity to work with a broad range of interesting and complex tasks with Group-wide impact and in direct support of the Group’s business units, functions and countries. This entails collaboration with specialists and other stakeholders from around the Group, particularly 1st
line risk in C&I and WM.
Supporting Better Bank Strategy and collaborating across units
You will be having the responsibility of supporting GNFR in setting the agenda on risk management and with us achieving the enablement of the business to create value to our customers. This entails working with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally, including 1st line risk, Group Risk Management and Compliance.
Your key tasks will be to:
- Understand and challenge the risks for Business units associated with reputational, regulatory, financial and customer risk impact.
- Understand and challenge for each business unit the risks associated with operating in different jurisdictions, dependency of internal/ external processes outside the business unit.
- Challenge the control environment and mitigation actions established by the business units.
- Challenge compliance process regarding areas such as MAR, GDPR, MIFID, etc.
- Understand and apply learnings from risk events.
- Contribute to consistent and concise reporting throughout the Group to support appropriate and timely steering of the non-financial risks.
- Provide relevant, clear and concise communication in dialogue with stakeholders, and ensure pro-active follow-up of issues.
In this role, you are expected to work closely in teams but still having tasks that requires you to be self-driven and able to contribute with your opinion.
Curiosity, eager to make a difference and a collaborative mind-set
We are looking for you, who possess a desire to get to the root of the problem and can bring a solution oriented mind-set. You, who has a sense of executing on tasks and thrives when seeing projects through to completion.
- University degree in a business or technical field (e.g. finance, economics, maths or similar).
- Up to 3 years’ experience working in a financial institution or with operational risks.
- Having keen interest for Operational Risk Management.
- Fluent in English and have good communication skills.
This role requires you to be confident and able to communicate ideas and analysis in a clear and collaborative manner. In return, we offer you an intriguing position with the opportunity to have impact on the risk management agenda at a Group level and to further have influence on your own tasks.
Ready to take on an exciting challenge? Join us!
Send us your CV and application! Please note, that we are processing applications on a continuous basis, so please apply as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Morten Runge Poulsen, Senior Vice President at +45 25425237.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Send application and CV no later than 19.08.2020.